Inside Info Pty Ltd ("Inside Info") respects your privacy and understands your concerns about the security of your personal information. Inside Info is committed to protecting any personal information about you that is held by Inside Info as described below. Inside Info collects and manages your personal information in Australia in the manner described in this advice.
Australian Privacy Principles
Most private sector organisations in Australia are required by law to comply with Australian Privacy Principles ("APPs") and are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Inside Info is committed to comply with these principles.
Collecting Your Personal Information
Personal information is information that identifies you individually, such as your name, address, email address, company name, phone number, or other information that is specific to you. Generally, personal information is collected when you are a customer or potential customer of Inside Info or when we speak with you or you are asked to register for such items as events, newsletters, reports, software downloads, or discussion groups. Where possible we will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you. Personal information collected by Inside Info often is limited to your name, phone number, e-mail address and location, but may include other information when needed to provide a service you requested.
Use Of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once.
- To help you quickly find software, services or information.
- To help us create and deliver content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from Inside Info.
- To help us optimise our customer relationship management.
- To improve your user experience with our websites, products and services.
- To help us troubleshoot any problems you might experience with our products and services.
- Inside Info will not use personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorised by the individual.
The personal information you provide when you register with Inside Info will not be shared with any other organisation other than an authorised Inside Info Partner. We may periodically send you promotional emails or news about our company and our products which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. To opt-out of distributions at any time, please unsubscribe from the emails via the link in them, or send us an email stating you’d like to opt out of receiving emails at email@example.com.
Inside Info will disclose your personal information, without notice, to comply with legal requirements, including any regulation, in relation to legal proceedings or investigations by governmental or law enforcement agencies, including criminal investigations, or to meet tax or other reporting requirements, including to (a) comply with legal process served on Inside Info or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Inside Info, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Inside Info, its Web sites, or the public.
Inside Info will employ reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Such measures may include the use of password protection and restricting access to personal information to those with a legitimate purpose in receiving the information.
Inside Info takes reasonable steps to help ensure that the personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current. Reasonable steps shall also be taken to accommodate privacy preferences, such as restricting access to the personal information to those who have a legitimate business need to know the information, anonymizing certain information, or assigning codes or pseudonyms when the actual names are not required for the purpose at hand.
Employees who have access to such personal information shall be trained regarding this Policy, advised that they are responsible for fully complying with the privacy principles articulated in this Policy and instructed that violations of these principles shall result in appropriate discipline up to and including termination.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our Web site and records no website or Internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur.
By visiting our site cookies will be placed on your device (computer, mobile or tablet). A "cookie" is a small text file that is placed on your device by websites you visit. Some of the cookies we use are strictly necessary to operate our site. Others relate to the site's performance and functionality and to your preferences. Inside Info uses the following cookies on this site:
- Strictly necessary: These cookies enable the website to function correctly and deliver the services and products you have requested. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering sites you have visited on the internet.
- Performance & Functionality: These cookies do things like remember your preferences and associates users to any forms you submit to use to enable pre-completion of subsequent forms. Other cookies are placed only for the time or session you visit our site or whether you are a new or returning visitor to our site. These cookies may remain on your computer anywhere from the duration of your session for up to five years.
- Third Party Remarketing Cookies: These are cookies used by third-party companies that we trust to show you ad banners on other websites. We use the Google Analytics to inform, optimize, and serve ads within the Google content network to previous visitors of our site who have already shown interest by visiting us. This enables remarketing for products like AdWords on the Google display network. For more information you can visit Google's Ads Preferences Manager to manage the settings or even to opt out.
Where allowed by law, you may request access to the personal information Inside Info holds about you. You should make the request in writing and Inside Info will respond to that request in line with local laws. If you have a legal right of access, that right also allows you to correct, amend or delete that information when it is inaccurate.
If an individual becomes aware that the information Inside Info maintains on him or her is inaccurate, the individual may contact the individuals listed in the Enforcement section of this Policy.
There may be circumstances when Inside Info is unable to provide access to your personal information. Inside Info may also deny or restrict access for legally permissible reasons, such as situations where the information contains references to other individuals and it is not possible to separate out your personal information, or where it cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons. Inside Info will endeavour to advise you of any reason for denying or restricting an access request.
Inquiries or complaints regarding this Policy should be directed to Head of Privacy at Inside Info Pty Ltd. Telephone: +61 2 8084 8889. Mail to: Inside Info Pty Ltd, Level 5, 2 Elizabeth Plaza, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes To This Statement
Inside Info reserves the right to modify or update this privacy statement at any time without notice.